Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

I DO

I'm engaged to the most wonderful woman that I have ever met.  It's been a crazy ride, no doubt,  but worth every up and down to get to this point.  I know this news has surprised friends and family alike, and for good reason.  We were not even dating at the time of the proposal.  I have been asked more than once if I am sure I know what I am doing.

I do.

While it may seem a little sudden (and it is), this is the culmination of four and a half years of two people figuring one another out.  Love, passion, and compatability were never a problem.  I have never met someone so much like me.  She's funny, she loves football, and she has a giant heart.  No, we seemed to have everything you need, but we could never quite get over the hump.  I have always been quite scared of commitment of any sort.  Try me.  Come up and say "Travis, what is your favorite _________?"  and watch the blood drain from my face.  I will immediately start prefacing my answer with things like "I haven't thought about this a lot lately" or "I'm sure I'm leaving something out" or (my personal favorite) "How about a top 5?" 

I have finally found something I can commit to, though.  Once the realization hit, it was really quite easy.  Without this lady, my life seems a little darker, not as much fun, and very bland.  With her it's exciting, hopeful, and full of possibilities.  Could I make it without her, and her without me?  Sure we could.  But why would you want to, when the best life you can have is together?  I'm convinced I have found my soul mate and I'm excited about our future together.  We are planning a beach wedding, the leading candidate being

Charleston, SC

We will certainly have more details to share in the coming weeks.  We are so looking forward to sharing that day with our friends and family.  Thanks to all of you for riding this roller coaster over the years.  We never would have made it here without you. 

















No comments: