Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Resolutions, Procrastinating Style




It's been a bit of a rough start to 2010 in a few different ways, so I'm a little late on getting to my resolutions.  Well, these aren't all resolutions exactly, but they are nice to think about.  I robbed them off of an e-mail forward from Duncan.  I edited out both the hokey lines and the ones that I didn't feel applied to me.  This is what was left: 



Health

-Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a beggar.

-Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and less food that is manufactured in plants.

-Sleep for 7 hours.

Personality

-Don't compare your life to others.  You have no idea what their journey is about.

-Don't overdo.  Keep your limits.

-Don't take yourself so seriously.  No one else does.

-Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.

-Envy is a waste of time.  You already have all you need.

-Make peace with your past so it won't spoil your present.

Society

-Call your family often.

-Each day give something good to others.

-Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.

-What other people think of you is none of your business.

-Your job won't take care of you when you were sick.  Your friends will.  Stay in touch.

Life

-Get rid of everything that isn't useful, beautiful, or joyful.

-No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.



I would like to think that I will be able to keep these in mind for longer than just today.  My past work with New Year's Resolutions does not leave much hope for that, but I'm remaining optimistic that this is the year that all that changes.  Good luck to all of you on the changes you wish to make for 2010. 

1 comment:

Mrs. Ashe said...

T-Rol, I don't know why your blog won't let me follow you....I especially like your letter to Bob. I wish Sylva had a Harris Teeter!